This is a sponsored post with Verizon and all opinions are 100% my own. Now that I am a Verizon Brand Partner, I was excited to learn about the Verizon 55 Plus Program! Are you over 55 and looking to save money? Then you have to check out Boomers And Verizon’s 55 Plus Program! It is clear that Boomers love their phones and need an unlimited cell phone plan at a great price and a great provider like Verizon!
I just received a study this morning showing that Boomers are in fact in love with their phones! With Boomers And Verizon’s new 55 Plus Program you will be able to get great unlimited Verizon service at an even better price in select areas! Here are the plan details! Click on the link to see if you qualify!
- Unlimited 4G LTE Data
- Unlimited Talk & Text
- DVD-Quality Streaming
- Unlimited Mobile Hotspot (600 Kbps)
- Verizon Up Rewards
- Mexico & Canada Included
Save up to $50/mo when you switch. A special offer for those 55 and older will get unlimited phone services on America’s most reliable network for $80/mo for 2 lines plus, taxes and fees when you enroll in Auto Pay.
Why is it that Boomers love their phone so much? When it came to screen time, I always thought the Millennials had dibs on the most screen time usage. You know our kids! My kids and their friends with their cell phones, sneaking them at the dinner table, in front of the TV, texting each other while they are right next to each other on the couch, in their rooms, in the car! I always talked about the younger generation spending so much time on their phones. But what about Boomers? Are they using their phones more these days? Are they using them more than the younger generations?
What is the Truth?
Smartphones allow us to stay in touch with family and friends around the globe! Sharing pictures on social media or using Skype or Facetime to see each other in person over the phone helps us to keep in touch. You get to see things as they happen because of your cell phone!
I received a study today showing exactly where Boomers are in the mix and it was a little surprising to me! But is it really? Both generations show similarities in the amounts of time they spend on their phones.
Boomers And Verizon’s 55 Plus Program
The study looked at 1000 Boomers and 1000 Millennials and compared their cell phone usage. Surprisingly they were not that far apart!
- 35% of boomers spend 5+ hours a day on their smartphones
- Top 3 time-draining applications for B
oomers: Facebook, Instagram, Mail
- 1-in-10 boomers spend 10 or more hours a day on their iPhone
- Boomers spend an average of 1 hour a day on Facebook
Boomers Vs. Millennials Cell Phone Usage
- Millennials spent 5.7 hours on their phone compared to the Boomers who spent 5 hours! Not that much of a difference!
- Millennials spent 69 minutes a day on Facebook while Boomers spent 60 minutes.
- Millennials spent 52 minutes on Instagram and Boomers spent 44 minutes.
- 60% of Boomers use their phone as a primary internet device.
- 90% sleep within reach of their phone.
- 94% think cell phone addiction is real
Screen Time Between Boomers and Millennials
- 45% of Millennials spend more than 5 hours per day on their phones
- 35% of Boomers spend more than 5 hours per day on their phones
How Boomers and Millennials spend their time on their Smartphones varies!
Facebook and Instagram were the two top apps used similarly by both Millennials and Boomers. Where this changed was texting versus email. Boomers love their email and messenger and the younger generation still loves texting.
1 in 3 people underestimates how much time they spend on their phones. 2 out of 3 say they will not cut back on phone time.
This is why we need an unlimited program with great benefits for Boomers! We are not putting down our phones and we certainly have changed the way we communicate!
Boomer’s cell phones are not going anywhere! Be sure to check out the Verizon 55 Plus Program and see if you qualify! You will be saving money while you are on your phones and get some great benefits from Verizon too!
- Top 25 Best Cities To Stay Active in Retirement
- Guide to Stuart and Martin County, Florida!
- Ultimate Printable Cruise Packing List
- Hurricane Evacuation ~ Traveling with Pets
- Guide for Planning a Trip to Cuba